INTERNATIONAL RESIDENCE HALL
International Residence Hall Myrtle Beach, better known as IRH, is the nation’s most experienced operator of employee housing for BridgeUSA J1 work-travel students. Creating safe spaces for students from over thirty different countries, our facilities are intentionally designed to help people feel at home when their everyday life is thousands of miles away.
The Myrtle Beach Housing Campus is set to begin construction this year and is expected to open in 2025. Phase I of the six-phase development will provide accommodations for over 600 residents in two dormitory-style buildings, and there are plans for a community center designed for relaxation, communal dining, and fostering friendships. This development is focused on creating a comfortable “home-like” community for residents who are far from familiar surroundings.
Myrtle Beach has 60 miles of sandy beaches and so much more. Beyond the famous boardwalk, The Beach has live music; dinner shows, and luaus. Myrtle Beach has thousands of restaurants, serving a wide range of cuisines, plus amusement parks, a fabulous aquarium, more than 90 beautiful golf courses, fishing and a full spectrum of other watersports. Myrtle Beach has a coastal charm and is filled with history and culture. The IRH Myrtle Beach Campus will have a bus stop right on campus for easy transportation to and from work. Plus, IRH is just 1 mile from the beach.
- We are staffed 24/7 and keeping you safe is our highest priority. Our building is equipped with RFID access to enter the building and to access rooms.
- We have live video monitoring in all common areas, hallways and outdoor areas.
- We prioritize keeping rent affordable for our guests at every location.
- Rent is paid weekly and can be paid through our portal or in cash at the front desk.
- We understand that most of our guests are here for a limited time, so our leases are created to accommodate your length of stay.
Each room has:
- 2 sinks
- table, chairs
- 4 wardrobes (one per person) and
- 4 beds (2 upper bunks, 2 lower bunks)
- its own heating/cooling unit that you can adjust to your comfort
- 1 Pillow and 1 Pillowcase
- 1 Fitted Sheet
- 1 Flat Sheet
- 1 Blanket
- 1 Bath Towel
- 16 hangers for each wardrobe
- Key fab for accessing the building and your assigned room
- Each guest will pay a minimal, one-time fee when they move in. After that, laundry machines will be available for unlimited use 24/7
- Community Room for hanging out, watching soccer games, etc.
- Gaming stations
- Community kitchens for preparing your own food and dining tables to dine with friends
What We Don't Provide
- Pots and Pans (for the community kitchens)
- Toilet paper
- Plates, bowls, utensils, etc.
Brandon Boone, Resident Director
IRH Pigeon Forge
“The people here are so kind they make me feel like I’m home. i work all day and its nice to come to friendly face and fun events that go on.”
“IRH is very professional yet so much like a family, you treat us so nicely and always greet me with a good morning and a smile. The cleanliness is aways good so fresh and nice. it’s a friendly and welcoming environment. We are treated so well at IRH with such trustworthy staff.”
“IRH Pigeon Forge has given me many chances to meet new people and cultural exchange by learning a 3rd language, trying food from different countries, and promoting my country (Jamaica). I also had a great opportunity like getting to play soccer for Tornado FC. My most special moment was when I joined the International Angels and I truly have enjoyed being apart of and giving back to the local communities. IRH is my Home Away From Home.”
“I am happy to be staying at IRH. It’s a comfortable place to live and the people at the front desk are friendly. I enjoy having a kitchen that we can use 24 hours a day.”
“IRH is a great experience, the building is so clean and brand new. The best part is the teamwork. The people, they are wonderful and so friendly. They are great, I always get a greeting when I see the staff at the front desk.”
“I have met a lot of new people here. I love being able to cook and hangout with my new friends in big spaces like the common areas and outside in the courtyard. Also IRH is right near my workplace so I don’t have far transportation. I like being here a lot.”